Friday, February 6, 2015

Return of the blog! West Coast Edition!

Do people still blog? It's been a long time since I lasted posted to this blog - almost 3 years. What happened?! A lot. Since my last post, I became a workaholic at a new job, went totally crazy, had the last straw with winter, and finally quit the job and winter and moved to Los Angeles. But don't worry, I won't become, like, totally LA. I mean, you'll probably see more posts about smoothies and bootcamp, but I still eat lots of yummy bad food. I'll probably start a new home search sometime in the next year, which means new DIY projects. My new LA life allows me the time to be interesting again, in a crafty/cooking/old lady kind of way. Just the way I like it. So welcome to the new and not-quite-improved blog - West Coast Edition!

In the meantime, I've kept up my crafting obsession, especially as my friends and family have kept up their procreation activities. Most recently I finished some baby quilts. Quilting is great because it is so much faster than knitting. But it requires way more precision and careful measuring than I am capable of. Plus, I hate ironing and you have to iron every little piece, and then again and again. But these turned out beautiful and the recipients were happy with them.




Korean alphabet quilt - pattern from Monomo at Etsy

Amurican alphabet & numbers quilt - these were for twins so they both got their own


Baby Athena's quilt inspired by Cluck Cluck Sew


Most of the materials were fat quarters I bought at my favorite craft store in Cambridge, MA - Gather Here. For Athena's quilt I created one of the fabrics on Spoonflower.com using the logo from my college a capella group (which her mother was in). Surprisingly I also found some cute material at Target. Who knew Target carried fat quarters?

And in case you're wondering, Puppy is enjoying his new life in the California sun! Here he is modeling a cute dinosaur hat (Dino Cap by Kris Hanson on Ravelry)






1 comment:

  1. May I just say that A) Athena's quilt is a masterpiece, and B) I'm so glad you're blogging again!!

    ReplyDelete