Friday, February 27, 2015

Whole 30 - Day 2

Somehow I've contracted a nasty cold this week. Maybe my East Coast constitution is not used to these West Coast germs? I've passed the worst of it, but my throat is so sore it's made eating a chore. Luckily, my Whole 30 soups have felt pretty good going down. I can't wait to make more this weekend!

Whole 30 Day 2 Menu
Breakfast: scrambled eggs with spinach; fruit
Lunch: Leftover Thai-ish soup
Dinner: NY strip steak, vegan kimchi, leftover Creamy Leftover Veggie Soup

Vegan kimchi??? I was passing a froofy health food store in Los Feliz and they happened to have 4 kinds of kimchi. All of them had sugar except the vegan brand. I actually don't eat kimchi that often, but when I lived in Korea and ate kimchi almost every day for 2 years I never got sick. SARS also didn't hit the country that hard and Koreans attributed it to kimchi. Is kimchi a magical medicinal superfood? or just stinky cabbage? Regardless, it's tasty and if it gets me over this cold faster than I'll eat it.

My bestie also sent me this pic of her Whole 30 soup recipe today. It's the Carrot & Cardamom soup from Nom Nom Paleo.  Poor girl lives in Chicago so I'm sure it really warmed her up today.


No comments:

Post a Comment