Thursday, March 12, 2015

Roasted Romanesco and Salmon and Paleo Aeoli

I've now completed 2 weeks of the Whole 30. It's been pretty good, except anytime I have to eat out. I had Korean food a few times and pretty sure I had some soy sauce, but I'm not going to beat myself over that. I haven't been posting all my meals, but this week I did make Nom Nom Paleo's kalua pork, paleo mayo, and a few thrown together dishes like this one...


Roasted Romanesco & Salmon with Paleo Aeoli

I love romanesco! It's like a broccoli and a cauliflower married and had an alien baby. It looks weird but is so tasty. You can eat it raw or steamed. Or roasted - which works for pretty much any vegetable you don't recognize.

1 head romanesco, chopped into pieces
1 tbsp avocado oil
1 salmon filet
lemon slices
a few sprigs of dill
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 450. Toss the romanesco in oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Clean the salmon and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place dill and lemon slices on top of the fish. Roast in the oven for 10-15 miutes. Easy and done!



Paleo Aeoli
While my fish and veggies were roasting, I thought I'd try Nom Nom's paleo mayo. I've tried to make aeoli in the past but could never get it to work because I didn't have a food processor. Little did I know I could just use my immersion blender. This was so easy and tasty. It was a good substitute for the usual yogurt dill sauce I use when I make salmon. I must admit - the one thing I'm really missingg these days is dairy.


1 tbsp lemon juice
1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp dijon mustard
salt and pepper
couple sprigs of dill

Throw it all in the immersion blender cup and blend. Simple!


No comments:

Post a Comment