Monday, March 2, 2015

Whole 30 Day 5

Today was Day 5 of the Whole 30 and I feel like I'm still going strong. If you like to cook, this is a great nutrition plan/food lifestyle/diet/whatever you want to call it. I hate using the word diet, because it implies total self-denial and misery. Maybe this is my "new-trition lifestyle"?

Today I got a delivery from my biweekly farmshare from FarmBox LA. I like FarmBox because you can get deliveries weekly or every other week, and they have a variety of sizes and add-ons. I get the basic fruit & veggie share, eggs, chicken, and a fish of the week. I've also tried their cheeses and even probiotic homemade dog food for Puppy. What a spoiled little boy. Plus, your goodies come in this super cute basket!



With today's harvest, I made a prosciutto wrapped rockfish with a lemon, dill, caper sauce. I also roasted some asparagus and French breakfast radishes. Asparagus and French breakfast radishes are SPRINGTIME vegetables. I'm already getting spring veggies! If I were back home in Boston, I'd still be getting kale, potatoes, and squash. And more kale. And more squash. Hooray for Cali!


And I'll also post my bestie's Whole 30 dinner of the day: Eggplant ricotta stacks from the Nom Nom Paleo cookbook. Five days into this culinary adventure and we are Nom Nom addicts. I highly recommend buying the cookbook. Even though you can find a lot of the recipes online, it's really cute in hard copy, and it's always good to support our Asian sistahs!


The other book I read to kick off the Whole 30 was "It Starts With Food" by Melissa & Dallas Hartwig. If you're interested in the "whys" of the Whole 30, it gives a good foundation in nutrition without being too technical or too cheesy.

That's it for Day 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment